Monday, March 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

I was going to wait until I had a picture to post with these (the first batch got devoured before I took any pictures), but I'm out of my brown sugar substitute and just can't wait to post these delicious treats.  I really love this recipe because of it's simplicity.   You probably have all the ingredients you need already in your pantry.

By the way, this is another recipe that my family ate, no, engulfed, without any issue.  One more thing, this is also gluten free.

Peanut Butter Cookies
1 cup natural peanut butter (no sugar added)
1 cup equivalent brown sugar substitute (I love Ideal Brown Sugar, but Splenda would work, too)
1 egg
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract


Preheat oven to 350.  Ina large mixing bowl, cream together the peanut butter, brown sugar, egg, baking soda and vanilla.  Spoon by rounded tablespoons onto parchment paper lined cooking sheets.  Use your fork to flatten, making those traditional peanut butter cookie crisscross marks.  Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes, longer if you like your cookies crispy.

No comments:

Post a Comment