Sunday, March 6, 2011

Ranch Dressing

The more I try to make recipes without using any premade sauces or mixes, the more I realize that most of these items are a breeze to make anyway.  It's a real pleasure to me to be able to make things that my family enjoys without processed items, added chemicals, or added sugars.  Todays example was Buttermilk Ranch Dressing.  It's a piece of cake and totally worth it.  It's even low fat!  (Should I even mention money saving???)


  • 1 cup low-fat sour cream


  • 1/2 cup buttermilk


  • 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley


  • 1/2 teaspoon dried chives


  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder


  • 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed


  • 1/4 teaspoon onion powder


  • 1/8 teaspoon salt


  • 1/8 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper


  • 1/2 teaspoon guar gum




  • Blend together and store in the fridge.  It's delicious and I doubt anyone would ever know it wasn't store bought.   

    No comments:

    Post a Comment