Thursday, April 21, 2011

Easter Dinner


So what am I eating for Easter Dinner?  My meal will consist of a number of delicious items, yet will continue to honor my body as God's temple, as I indulge in things that are wholesome and healthy, free of chemicals and will not attack my cells or my blood sugar, or allow Satan in to attack me and provide me with temptation that would he would, no doubt, claim victory in.     Instead this meal will worship God and make me healthier and stronger!  That's almost an oxymoron for "holiday meal."  Who knew that was even possible???  My Easter celebration will be focused on my family who is gathering together WHILE we eat, but not a celebration of the food itself.    This, in itself, is a victory for me. 


Easter Menu:
**Pictures to come after the holiday**

Main Dish: 
     Ham with Ham Gravy (recipe below)

Side Dishes: 
     Deviled Eggs

Dessert:
     Lemon Cheesecake   

Ham Gravy
3/4 -1 cup ham drippings
1/2 tsp. guar gum
1/2 c. cold water
1/8-1/4 tsp. salt
Bring ham drippings to a boil.

Using blender or whisk, Mix Guar Gum and water to make a runny paste.
Pour mixture in boiling ham drippings a little at a time making sure to be whisking the same time. Whisk until thickened.
Add salt and gravy master to taste and color.
Note: To make a good amount of drippings add 1/2 cup water to the pan the ham is being cooked inches Start with 1-2 drops gravy master then add more if needed as this is very dark in color. If the gravy has lumpy strain in a strainer to remove the lumps


No comments:

Post a Comment