Saturday, April 23, 2011

"Graham Cracker" Crust

I tried this crust with my cheesecake today and I think I like it better than the crust I used last time.  You can use this as a replacement for any graham cracker crust that a recipe calls for.

1 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
4 tablespoons wheat germ
3 tablespoons Ideal sweetener, Splenda, or Truvia (slightly less if using Truvia)
6 tablespoons butter, melted

Preheat oven to 325*.  Mix all ingredients until everything's well combined.  Turn mixture out into an 8 inch spring form pan that's either been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray or that's been lined with wax paper.  Use your fingers to firmly press mixture into place all around pan. 

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until just turning gold around the edges.  Cool before filling.

12 servings; each with 3 gm protein, 4 carbs, 2 fiber (2 usable carbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment